An original play by David Vale based on H.G. Wells' classic
Late in the 19th Century H. G. Wells gave us the classic story of alien invasion, War of the Worlds. Overwhelmed by the surprise attack of a technologically superior race from outer space and seeing the realities of conquest from the side of the conquered, humanity’s only hope for survival was a power beyond its own. In the second production of this new work by local playwright David Vale, the experience of an alien attack is brought home to the Flathead Valley. With alien vessels landing not just in Creston and Bigfork, but all over the world, no one is safe. Woods Bay is leveled and other alien machines approaching from the North. Even the team broadcasting from KFLT TV in downtown Bigfork fears for its safety. Last year the invasion was reported on the radio. This year it's on television. In living color.
- Shelley Dyer (Michele Shapero) -- Producer of the KFLT news
- Angela Thompson (Debbie Klein) -- Shelley’s assistant
- Arthur “Monte” Montegraf (David Vale) -- Owner of station KFLT
- Robert “Bob” Rollins (Dax VanFossen) -- A KFLT news anchor
- Tech ( Debbie Klein) -- The video camera operator
- Announcer (Ryan Langford) -- A radio voice
- Connie Simpson ( Laura Strong Heart) -- A KFLT news co-anchor
- The President (George Kappes) -- A farce to be reckoned with
- Young girl -- Dog owner for video
- Dachshund (Jem Vale) -- Talented dachshund
- Mara Webster (Teesa Palmatier) -- A grad student and expert on everything
- Irwin Miller (Duane Herriges) -- A firefighter, of short duration
- Wade Smith (Eric Myers) -- A firefighter and alien attack survivor
- Darcy Jackson (Michelle Huff) -- Waitress, alien attack witness
- George Smalley (Duane Herriges) -- Sitting Duck cook, alien attack witness
- Billy Bones -- Vaporized by aliens on video
- Witness (Barbara Gordon) -- Witness to Billy’s vaporization
- Ned Chalmers (Ryan Langford) -- Whitehouse reporter
- Eric Thomas (Mike Robertson) -- Whitehouse reporter
- Sam Snelling Mike Robertson) -- Highway Patrol Trooper
- David Sanford (Ryan Langford) -- Colonel, Montana National Guard
- October 26 & 27, 7:30 p.m.
- October 28, 2:00 p.m.
Click on the images below to tour our website.